CBXi-8R8 and CBXi-8R8-H are fully programmable IP-based BTL-listed (pending) BACnet® Building Controllers (B-BC) that support simultaneous multi-protocol communications including BACnet IP, BACnet MS/TP, Modbus TCP and Modbus RTU.
Part of Cylon’s CB Line of BACnet field controllers, the CBXi Series of controllers is built on an extendible platform that features 8 UniPuts™ with Relay and 8 Universal Inputs, and feature support for up to five FLX (Field Level eXpansion) Series extension modules providing a scalable solution from 16 up to 96 (pending) points of control. FLX expansion modules are available in a variety of options to allow maximum flexibility in achieving the required point configuration. The CBXi-8R8-H additionally provides local Hand-Off-Auto override functionality. The fully programmable CBXi-8R8(-H) can be tailored to meet a wide variety of applications by creating and modifying strategies using Cylon's CXproᴴᴰ programming interface.
Features of the CBXi-8R8 and CBXi-8R8-H
- IP based BTL B-BC -listed (pending)
- Natively supports the routing of BACnet; MS/TP to BACnet IP
- Supports the new Cylon eXplore touchscreen display and SiteGuide application, configurable via CXproHD
- Supports Cylon's Intelligent Sensor Series
- Up to 64 Points of control through the connection of three FLX (Field Level eXpansion) modules, with an extension to 96 points of control with FLX-PS24 (releasing late 2019) and five FLX modules
- 8 Integral UniPuts™ + Relays included in the controller
- 8 Integral Universal Inputs included in the controller
- 2 Internally Switched Ethernet Ports for connection in Star or Daisy-chain Flexible Wiring Topology
- CBXi-8R8(-H) | Hand/Oﬀ/Auto Local Override Function
- CBXi-8R8(-H) | Integration platform with no gateways or additional hardware required
Built for a wide range of energy management applications, the CBXi-8R8 and CBXi-8R8-H are designed for intelligent control of HVAC equipment such as Central Plant, Boilers, Chillers, Cooling Towers, Pump Systems, Air Handling Units (Constant Volume, Variable Air Volume and Multi-zone), Rooftop Units, Electrical systems such as lighting control, variable frequency drives and metering.
Benefits of CBXi-8R8 and CBXi-8R8-H
- Flexibility to expand with modular hardware design
- Reduced diagnostic time
- Eﬃcient commissioning and testing
- Quick & easy installation
- Integration with CBX Series
- BACnet; MS/TP, Modbus RTU integration with Cylon CB Series unitary equipment controllers
- FLX I/O expansion modules are common with the CBX Series
- BACnet; IP Communications: Natively supports the routing of BACnet; MS/TP to BACnet; IP via a dual port Ethernet switch (star or daisy chain topology)
- Supports Cylon’s graphical interfaces: Integrates with eXplore and existing SiteGuide display, CXproHD