- A Complete Stand-Alone Controller
Each TRC/TZC is a complete stand-alone controller with its own microprocessor and non-volatile memory. This allows it to execute independent local control of equipment even when connection to a high-level controller is not available. This networking capability allows the TRC/TZC to be a fully integrated part of a comprehensive energy management and building automation system.
- TRC/TZCs are designed for ease of installation, wiring and service
They incorporate removable terminal blocks and explicit terminal identification. They also incorporate automatic baud rate detection and status LED’s for the BACnet MS/TP network to ease the installation process.
- TRC/TZCs use the latest microcontroller technology and surface mount electronic devices to achieve powerful functionality in a small, attractive package.
- Product Models
The TRC/TZC product line includes multiple models built on a common hardware platform. Each model is tailored to a specific application and designed to effectively control its associated HVAC equipment.
- Model 76XX – The TRC 76XX series is specifically designed to control packaged and split staged heating/cooling equipment and heat pumps. Additionally, the TRC 76XX series is pre-programmed to suit the most used applications, and contains all required I/O hardware for the target applications. Single stage, 2 stage and heat pump versions are available for a wide range of applications.
- Model 73XX – The TRC 73XX series is specifically designed to control multi-speed fan coil units with 2 position, analog or floating temperature control valves. This model also incorporates a selection of pre-programmed sequences that accommodate most applications directly. Avoidable sequence options and on-board inputs and outputs eliminate the need for auxiliary relays and peripheral devices in most applications. Versions with integrated relative humidity sensors are also available.
- Model 72XX – The TRC 72XX series is specifically designed to control 0-10VDC, staged and floating point heating and cooling terminal systems. The TRC 72XX series is pre-programmed to suit the most used applications and requires little configuration to accomplish remarkable temperature control regardless of the application. Common applications include cooling only VVT zone with re-heat, fin-tube radiators, cabinet heaters, radiant panel heaters and electric re-het zones. Optional changeoversensing eliminates multi-vendor peripheral sourcing and furthersimplifies installation.
Terminal Room/Zone Controllers provide an RS-485 communication bus connection which allows multiple TRCs to be networked together and connected to Philips Teletrol eBuilding controllers.
The network uses BACnet protocol and operates at 9.6k, 19.2k or 38.4k baud. Autobaud detection is used by the TRC/TZC to ease system configuration. The network address of each device is configured through a local password protected intuitive user interface.
|Power||24 VAC +/- 20%, 50/60 Hz|
|Power Consumption||2 VA|
|Control Accuracy||+/- 0.9° F (+/- .0° C) at 70° F (21° C) typical calibrated|
|Communications||BACnet MS/TP RS-485 with autobaud rates of 9.6k, 19.2k, and 38.4k|
|Size||4.9" x 3.3" x 1.1" @ .75 lbs (125 x 86 x 29 mm @ .34 kg)|
|Supply Requirements||24 VAC +/- 20% 50/60 Hz|
|Transformer Rating||With UCKRA420 : 25 VA - Without UCKRA420 : 20 VA|
|Power / Fuse Rating||10 Watts Maximum / 1A resettable|
|Termination||Removable screw terminals
18 gauge max, 22 gauge recommended
|Conductor Area||Max : AWG 12 (3.09 mm2) Min : AWG 22 (0.355 mm2)|
|Temperature & Humidity||32° to 122° F (0° to 50° C) 10-95% RH non-condensing|
|Storage Conditions||-22° to 122° F (-30° to 50° C) 10-95% RH non-condensing|
|EMC Emission||EN 55011 Class B|
|24 VAC, +/- 20%, 50/60 H FCC: Class A computing device, Subpart J or Part 15 UL: UL873 z|
|File E234137 with CN's XAPX (US) and XAPX7 (Canada) CE Approved|
|BTL Listed as a BACnet Application Specific Controller (B-ASC)|